Taylor Janis understands all aspects of the employee-employer relationship.
We base our advice on our knowledge of your company’s strategic, personal and business goals; the specific issues in the workplace; our understanding of the stakeholders; and the overall legal and business considerations in the industry. Our lawyers understand that in the case of a dispute, the best resolutions meet the business’s overall goals and foster important long-term relationships.
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Employment Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- Post-employment competition disputes involving fiduciary and good-faith duties, and restrictive covenants
- Executive compensation and employment issues
- Intellectual property
- Employee confidentiality
- Whistle-blower activities
- Employee immigration
- Independent contractor negotiation, interpretation and monitoring
- Outsourcing issues
- Background and conduct investigation
- Policy enforcement
- Injunctions to prevent unlawful picketing activity, enforce restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements and recover intellectual and physical property
- Judicial review of administrative tribunal decisions, including those of arbitrators, federal and provincial labour relations boards, human rights tribunals, employment standards tribunals, workers' compensation board tribunals, freedom of information and privacy tribunals, and professional tribunals (colleges, societies, self-regulating bodies)
- Appeals of Supreme Court and Court of Appeal decisions, constitutional and Charter cases
- Unjust dismissal and employment standards disputes
- Disability plan administration, including disputes over overpayment of benefits, coverage and denial of claims
Connect with us
Toll free long distance: (844) 224-0222 or fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you soon.