Awards & Press
Our expert lawyers are often requested to lend their legal expertise to news articles and other media resources. Here are some recent features:
- Edmonton Journal – March 2, 2023 – Fired executive director wins lawsuit against Edmonton Africa Centre
- The Globe and Mail – Andrea Yu – 31 January 2021 – Can my employer reduce my salary because I moved out of the city?
- CBC – 16 September 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer responds to human rights complaint regarding dress-code discrimination.
- CityTV – 31 August 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer responds to rules around sick leave for working parents in a pandemic.
- Rachel Notley – 31 July 2020 – Taylor Janis employment lawyers speaking up against legislation that will hurt hardworking Albertans
- CBC News – 5 May 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer spoke on workers’ rights at Cargill’s meat processing plant
- 660 City News – 5 May 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer discusses workers’ return to work rights during COVID-19 outbreak
- CBC Radio – 6 Jan 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer talks to CBC Radio about what employees can do in the face of unpaid wages and an employer closing its doors.
- Chatelaine – So You’ve Been Harassed At Work — Should You Go To HR?
- CTV News Calgary – Some Calgary Catholic school teachers call for change after feeling pressure to out gay coworkers
- 660 City News – Local lawyer suggests harassed police officer go to human rights commission
- Danielle Smith Show – Proposed class action against Uber can proceed
- CBC News Edmonton – Former Africa Centre executive director sues over firing
- CBC – CP Rail included racy photos in its investigation of an employee’s social media conduct
- Radio-Canada – Hélène Lequitte raconte son renvoi du Franco
Conan Taylor is the managing partner of Taylor Janis Workplace Law. He practices exclusively in the areas of workplace law, including labour, employment, and commercial litigation matters. In his over 15 years of practice, Mr. Taylor has represented both individuals and corporations respecting their workplace law matters.