BARRISTER & SOLICITOR, CALGARY
Contact Wilson McCutchan
About Wilson McCutchan
Wilson McCutchan is an associate in Taylor Janis’ Calgary office. He graduated from law school at Queen’s University in 2009 and was called to the bar in Alberta in 2010. Since then, he has practiced as a civil litigator in Red Deer. He advises and represents clients on a wide range of employment law matters. Those include:
- Wrongful dismissal, including claims for adequate severance, challenges to meritless “for cause” terminations, and constructive dismissal claims arising from demotions, changes to compensation, or toxic workplaces;
- Human rights issues, including discrimination in the workplace and failure to accommodate physical or mental disability;
- Reviewing employment agreements, either prior to employee accepting or position or, following a termination, to assess the validity of non-competition, non-solicit, or termination clauses;
- Representation of unionized employees in claims against their unions for failure to fairly represent their members;
- Occupational health and safety matters, including claims arising due to employer’s failure to protect employee’s health and safety, or employer’s discriminatory or retaliatory actions; and
- Assessment of employees’ rights to privacy, including issues pertaining to drug testing and medical disclosure.
Wilson has represented clients before all levels of court in Alberta, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the Federal Court of Appeal, and various administrative tribunals, including the Alberta Human Rights Commission and the Alberta Labour Relations Board.
He strives to achieve positive outcomes for his client in the most efficient way possible, where possible without protracted litigation. It is, however, often necessary to take matters into the courtroom in order to achieve a fair result.
Wilson looks forward to assisting you with your matter. Please call us or fill in the inquiry form, and a member of the firm will contact you promptly to arrange for a consultation.
What Are My Rights As
An Employer or Employee?
Every employee deserves to have their employment law rights respected throughout all stages of the employment relationship. At Taylor Janis LLP, our goal is to help you understand your legal rights for a variety of employment law issues, including wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal, reasonable notice entitlements, severance, and just cause matters.
I would 100% recommend her.
“I am very happy with my experience so far with Taylor Janis. I have been working with Sophie Purnell, and she is thoughtful, well-spoken, and cares for my outcome as much as I do. At a time when lawyers in this field are so, so busy she still takes time to get back to my questions or have her staff do so. I would 100% recommend her.”
– S. W.
Highly satisfied with my experience.
“Highly satisfied with my experience. From the initial intake to the completion of my file, Cole and the assistants really took the time to make sure I was happy and up to date on my case. The process was made very simple for me with clear instructions and expectations. They made a difficult experience bearable and I’m very happy with the outcome.”
– B. P.
“I had a very positive experience with Cole Lefebvre. He advised me on what I was entitled to at law and walked me through the court process. Cole, Amanda, and Alysia responded to all my questions or concerns in a timely manner and were very clear with me about costs. In the end, we were able to achieve a great result from my former employer.
I highly recommend!”
– J. S.
You are doing yourself a disservice by not using her.
“I’ve truly never felt so confident and comfortable from the compassion, legal advice, support, and trust I have received from this law firm. Whitney is absolutely amazing. You are doing yourself a disservice by not using her.”
– K. M.
I highly recommend this firm for your legal employment needs.
“I highly recommend this firm for your legal employment needs. I have worked with Heather in the past and her counsel has always been fair, honest and extremely professional. Thank you for always supporting our family.”
– BJ. A.