What To Do When You Have Been Terminated
If you have been terminated, whether with just cause or without, booking a consultation with one of our lawyers will help you determine whether your employer is treating you in accordance with the law.
In every case, our firm’s main objective is recover the most severance and other compensation possible in the shortest amount of time. To achieve this outcome, all of our employment lawyers use a well-tested process for getting these results:
- Step 1. A thorough legal consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you or connect with you over the phone to review the facts of your case, explain the legal issues to you, and outline your options to recover fair compensation (any fee for the consultation is tax deductible);
- Step 2. We prepare a Reasonable Notice Assessment to calculate how much compensation you may be owed, and research previous cases that are relevant to your case;
- Step 3. We prepare a Legal Argument for you based on the specific facts of your case, and how the law applies to your case, and why you are entitled to compensation or some other remedy;
- Step 4. We incorporate the Legal Argument into a Legal Demand which is delivered to your former or current employer which proposes a Settlement. This Legal Demand will have a deadline by which the employer must respond failing which a lawsuit may be commenced.
- Step 5. All of our lawyers are trained and experienced in employment law negotiations, and we will bring all of these skills to bear in order to achieve the most competitive settlement possible.
Our lawyers are very successful in generating settlements using the above process, however, if a settlement cannot be reached, our lawyers will aggressively advocate on your behalf using the courts, the Alberta Human Rights Commission, Employment Standards, or Arbitration.
Book A Consultation
At Taylor Janis LLP, we have the skills, knowledge, and expertise to handle all of your employment & labour law needs.
To arrange a one-on-one consultation and document review with one of our employment & labour lawyers, please contact us online or call us today at 403-474-0411 or toll-free at 1-844-521-1715.
In This Section
“I met with Wilson to discuss a complex work matter. I found him to be very knowledgeable and straight-forward with his advice. He took the time to answer all my questions and I left the consult with all the information I needed to make an informed decision.”
— J. M.
“Taylor Janis LLP was extremely professional to work with. Their lawyers were able to quickly resolve my claim to my satisfaction. I am completely satisfied with my outcome, and how quick it was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact them with any questions regarding wrongful dismissals.”
— D. R.