Awards & Press
Our expert lawyers are often requested to lend their legal expertise to news articles. Here are some recent features:
- The Globe and Mail – Andrea Yu – 31 January 2021 – Can my employer reduce my salary because I moved out of the city?
- CBC – 16 September 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer responds to human rights complaint regarding dress-code discrimination.
- CityTV – 31 August 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer responds to rules around sick leave for working parents in a pandemic.
- Rachel Notley – 31 July 2020 – Taylor Janis employment lawyers speaking up against legislation that will hurt hardworking Albertans
- CBC News – 5 May 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer spoke on workers’ rights at Cargill’s meat processing plant
- 660 City News – 5 May 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer discusses workers’ return to work rights during COVID-19 outbreak
- CBC Radio – 6 Jan 2020 – Former Taylor Janis Employment Lawyer talks to CBC Radio about what employees can do in the face of unpaid wages and an employer closing its doors.
- Chatelaine – So You’ve Been Harassed At Work — Should You Go To HR?
- CTV News Red Deer – Some Red Deer Catholic school teachers call for change after feeling pressure to out gay coworkers
- 660 City News – Local lawyer suggests harassed police officer go to human rights commission
- Danielle Smith Show – Proposed class action against Uber can proceed
- CBC News Edmonton – Former Africa Centre executive director sues over firing
- CBC – CP Rail included racy photos in its investigation of an employee’s social media conduct
- Radio-Canada – Hélène Lequitte raconte son renvoi du Franco
Taylor Janis has also been selected in the ‘Top 3 Rated’ employment lawyers for Red Deer and Edmonton.
In This Section
“I met with Wilson to discuss a complex work matter. I found him to be very knowledgeable and straight-forward with his advice. He took the time to answer all my questions and I left the consult with all the information I needed to make an informed decision.”
— J. M.
“Taylor Janis LLP was extremely professional to work with. Their lawyers were able to quickly resolve my claim to my satisfaction. I am completely satisfied with my outcome, and how quick it was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact them with any questions regarding wrongful dismissals.”
— D. R.